Monday, June 29, 2009

I Believe in Miracles!

God is totally and completely awesome- to be awed! I am choosing to believe today that Lucas is healed of seizures from this day on. That's right. That's what I believe and no doubt from anyone can sway me. I do not claim to understand the master plan of God nor do I believe anyone else can. I do, however trust Him. I don't understand the way He chooses to go about things, but I believe that He knows much better than I do and I am absolutely confident that I would screw up everything if I was in charge for even 30 seconds. :)

On a typical day these past many moons, within the first 20-30 minutes after waking, seizures would begin afflicting Lucas. Lately, within the first two to three hours, I've counted at least 25, often as many as 50.

BUT NOT TODAY!!!!!!

Lucas had a bit of a rough night last night. He fell asleep and woke again at least 5 times. He finally slept solidly from about 0315 until 0545 when we began our day with some snuggles and singing and pee-pee on the potty. :) We made and ate breakfast, and then got cleaned up. Lucas took a little nap while I started a load of laundry and tried to figure how to get music onto my new ipod. After he woke up, we played a little before I decided to call Marc to say, "I think Lucas is healed of seizures!!!" As of 0940 this morning, he had not had a single one! Praise God and God alone!

I have always believed that he could be healed, as I think many others have also, but I have never doubted that he would be healed as well. I want to share this with all of you, those who believe to join with us in faith in claiming that we are forever finished with those seizures and those who doubt as an encouragement to believe.

Today was going to be a day of hardship, as I was going to call Dr. Burris and tell him that we were going to go ahead with a new treatment, one that we would prefer to not explore. Now, however, we are not going to do that, not today and not ever, I am believing and praying.

I know that lots of people may think (or, perhaps, absolutely think) that I am crazy or at least sadly demented for thinking this way, but I believe that our faith plays a pivotal role. There are many mentions of people being healed according to what they believed possible or of not many being healed because there was a lack of faith. I know that God can heal. I know that He does. I have been certain that He will heal Lucas and I say, "Why not today!?!" I pray that you stand with us in this and we will, of course keep you posted. Whatever the days and years ahead bring us, there is no doubt that God's grace will continue to carry us.

To update you all on CJ, my friends' little boy who was in the PICU, he is home and doing really well! Also, another little "testimony": this coming weekend marks 8 years since I was healed of asthma. Say what you want, but I know that one day I could not breathe without my meds and the next day and ever since, my lungs work fine. I even took up jogging for a while!

Here are some pics for you to enjoy from this month. :)

Blessings, rejoicing and faith!

June 2009

No comments: