Sunday, August 16, 2009

I know, I know

I am not anti-internet, I just live like it sometimes. Marc gets on first thing in the morning, last thing before bed and countless times in between. I sometimes go weeks without more than checking the weather; sometimes I don't even do that. SO... My apologies again.

There isn't a whole lot to say. Lucas got sick, followed quickly by Marc. Lucas is pretty much entirely better and I think Marc will be in the next 2-3 days. Praise the good Lord, I did not get sick. I just lost several hours of sleep. I'm not quite caught up, but will be soon, I'm sure. In the meantime, hanging out with the most amazing boy is worth staying up for. :)

We called Thursday before last to discuss the effects of the latest Depakote increase, but with Lucas getting sick, the results were unclear, so we have been continuing the path laid out before that and will talk to the doctor's office again this week to see what they say. If they think the Depakote is working, we will begin to taper off the Keppra XR. I will be grateful for this as getting 4 pills in him with his dinner is not always an easy task.

We think, praise the Lord, that there has been some improvement the past few days. He has remained below 70 seizures/day for a few days running and even had 3 days when the count was in the 40's. Dr. Burris said the last time we saw him that his goal is to get the seizure count cut in half and I think that we are seeing that. We'll see what he says. We should be talking with him or his nurse either tomorrow or Tuesday as we are also awaiting results of Lucas' blood work we had drawn on Friday. It is the first blood work post-depakote, so we can see how his body (his liver, in particular) is handling the new drug. It will also check the level of Depakote absorbed into his blood stream. This is used as a reliable marker of safety as far as dosage increases.

I need to get the boy in bed now, but I thank you again for your prayers. I'll try to get up something else later this week. For now, I have added more pics to the July album and invite you all to enjoy!

Blessings!

July 2009

No comments: