Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Our Big Boy

Yesterday Lucas had his 15 month check up and the last round of 2 different shots. He weighed in at 22.2 pounds and measured 32 1/2 inches tall. He is almost as high as my hip. If he were standing next to me and I were to place my hand on his head, I would have to bend my arm. He's such a big boy!

He is still doing really well in his stander. He only fusses when we have him tilted back to put him in it and take him out of it. He is up to about 20-25 minutes now and doesn't seem to mind at all. We will continue increasing his time in it up to, probably, about an hour and a half a day, though the time will be divided. An hour and a half solid is way too long for a little guy to spend on his feet, even if he is a really big little guy. :)

We'll be adding some more pictures soon including some of Lucas in his stander with the tray attached so he can play with his toys while in it. (So far, he seems to prefer his mommy sitting with him and talking and sharing some yogurt to playing with his dinosaurs though. I think it's the fact that he is up so high and we can be so close, face-to-face, without straining or tilting our heads.)

Time to put him down for a nap and cut the grass!

Blessings!

No comments: