Monday, June 9, 2008

Just a little update

Just wanted to let you all know that nothing much has changed. We are trying to keep track of how many seizures occur throughout the day, but I think it's a fairly inaccurate account. We've had days in which we witnessed 25 and days in which we witnessed 40. I think more likely he's having about 50; we just don't catch them all. Today is the first day of taking a full dose of the new medication, Topamax. Dr. Burris said that we should be able to notice a change by the third day of the full dose, so we are still hopeful. I keep thinking that I am seeing less, but when I add up the daily totals, there are still high numbers.

I'll let you know as the days pass. One week from today will be the deciding day, regarding the success of the Topamax and the clear or cancellation of surgery.

Thanks for your prayers; we would be at a total loss without God.

No comments: